Primary school photographs, a nursery toy, images of Old Tranent and a judo belt – just some of the eclectic mix of items that locals have contributed to two time capsules which have been put in a wall of the new Fraser Centre.
With work well underway on the new building, the Community Trust has been busy collecting memorable bits and bobs to give future generations a sense of the people, organisations and life of the town. A whole variety of groups have been contributing items for the time capsules which the construction company, Fleming Buildings, have inserted into the wall at the entrance to the new facility.
From children in all classes in St Martin’s Primary School to those who attend the The Fraser Centre and Ageing Well Gentle Exercise Group, a range of ages have been represented in the capsules.
David Orr, the Project & Development Manager said: “I have been extremely pleased by the enthusiasm of people to come forward and get involved in a project which will show people not only the history of the building, but will also give a flavour of life as we know it. We have a long list of those who participated and we are really grateful to them all.”
Fleming Buildings Director Ronnie Burrows added: “When the new centre opens it will be an invaluable resource for the local community. We are delighted to be part of making the dream become reality.”
- The Fraser Centre Community Trust: Activity flyer; funding flyer.
- Memory stick with image of the old picture house; Press release; Images of Tranent; Photos of contributors to the
Time Capsule; Films of people participating in our activities; this document.
- St Martins Primary School: Photos of each class
- East Lothian Camera Shop: Photos of old Tranent
- Dementia Friendly Tranent: Flyer and branded balloon
- East Lothian Foodbank: Flyer and information on their work in the last year
- ABC Nursery: Nursery branded toy
- Ross High School: A poster from the schools 60 year celebration a few years ago and our rights respecting schools poster for UNICEF
- East Lothian Archive Service: Presentation on the history of The Winton Cinema (The Fraser Centre) and a flyer for their Cinema club.
- Kingdom Outreach Ministries: Bible
- Sportif Judo: Badge
- East Lothian Courier: Copy of the Courier from 31st May
- The Fraser Centre & Ageing Well Gentle Exercise Group: Exercise band
Thank you to everyone who contributed.
With thanks to Jill Brown Media Limited.